Your paddle won’t need any special care except to protect it from the elements between trips. If the finish of the paddle does become scratched or worn through, you can repair it. Here's how:
- Sand the area with a fine grit abrasive until it is smooth and dull.
- Apply two or three thin coats of solvent based (not water based) outdoor or marine grade polyurethane.
- Rub lightly with a fine abrasive between coats for a better finish.
- When the last coat is dry you are ready for the water!
- If the wood is damaged, sand the area aggressively with 100 or 120 grit sandpaper to smooth the wood and remove the discoloration and treat the sanded area with 3 or 4 coats of polyurethane as described above.
- If the job is more than you can handle, we will repair it for a small charge.
Paddle Warranty We build strong paddles and have one of the lowest breakage rates in the industry. But we know the unthinkable can happen. When it does, we honor all reasonable requests for repair or replacement. Bending Branches paddles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase. Just email [email protected] or call 1-715-755-3405 for warranty or repair information.