Even the toughest paddles in the industry appreciate a little love. Here at Bending Branches, we know our paddles perform best when they receive the proper care. Here are a few tricks to keeping your paddle in tip-top condition for years of paddling adventures.
After each use:
- Separate your paddle halves.
- Rinse each half with clean, fresh water; be sure to rinse the ferrule as well.
- Examine the internal parts of the shaft frequently to make sure they are clear of water and debris.
- When not in use, store your kayak paddle halves apart in a clean, dry, indoor place whenever possible.
General Blade Cleaning:
- The easiest and cheapest way is to start with warm water and mild detergent. This could be all you need for our plastic blades to clean up nicely.
Advanced Blade Cleaning:
While the first step is always a mild detergent, for more aggressive markings you may need a little more power. Our production team uses the three part NOVUS Plastic Polishing system. Keep in mind the NOVUS Plastic Polishing system is more of an investment.
- #1 - Plastic Clean & Shine: Use this gently clean the blade and restore its shine.
- #2 - Fine Scratch Remover: This can be used to remove fine scratches, haziness and light abrasions.
- #3 – Heavy Scratch Remover: We would NOT recommend using this product on our blades. It’s too aggressive, and may end up doing more harm than good.
If you follow these suggestions, your paddle will thank you! Some scratches and signs of wear are inevitable, but hey, that just means you’re using it! If you have any additional questions regarding paddle care or you have a unique situation, call or email us and we will do our best to help.
Although we build strong paddles and have one of the lowest breakage rates in the industry, we know the unthinkable can happen. When it does, we honor all reasonable requests for repair or replacement. Bending Branches paddles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase. Just email [email protected] or call 715-755-3405 for warranty or repair information.