Catalyst STRegular price $174.95 US MSRP (taxes not included) Save $-174.95
The Catalyst is the sustainable canoe paddle, made by hand-laying first quality wood scraps, dedicated to the reuse of excess materials.
- Handcrafted from a combination of basswood, roasted basswood, red alder, and maple remnants from our first quality paddles
- The construction of the wood remnants means each blade layout is slightly unique
- At 24 oz., the Catalyst is day trip ready and ideal for flatwater
- Designed for comfort with an ovalized shaft and a freestyle palm grip, this lightweight paddle will stand up to hours of paddling
- The Catalyst exceeds our strength testing standards with full Rockgard® coverage and a 4 oz. fiberglass wrap
Shaft Material: Solid Basswood
Blade Material: A combination of Basswood, Red Alder, Maple, and Roasted Basswood
Blade Size: 8.1 x 19 in. (21 x 48 cm)
Blade Surface Area: 118 sq. in. (761 sq. cm)
Grip Type: Freestyle Palm Grip
Weight: 24 oz. (680 g)
Here at Bending Branches, we build all our paddles to order (much like a fast-food restaurant), so paddles do not collect dust or become dated. As soon as you place your order, a real person in our Osceola, Wisconsin factory will start preparing your paddle. Shipping windows vary by product and are estimated on individual product pages. Thank you for supporting American manufacturing.
Due to the varied density of wood, all canoe paddles could have a +/– 10% variance in weight.
Paddle weight is based on 54 inch measurements for straight shafts and 50 inch measurements for bent shafts.