Here at Bending Branches we believe in crafting canoe paddles that will last for decades. Adding a fiberglass wrap to most of our wood paddles is one process we use to ensure you’ll get those years of great performance.
Who Needs a “Glassed” Canoe Paddle?
If you’re an avid canoeist who’s on the water often each season and/or if you tend to be hard on your gear, a paddle with our fiberglass wrap is for you. The wrap adds extra durability and, along with our proprietary Rockgard® edge protection, means an extremely tough paddle. All our higher-end canoe paddles are upgraded with fiberglass.
Glassed canoe paddles rarely need refinishing because of that extra layer. The fiberglass protects the whole blade from dents and scratches. It also seals the wood glue so joints are less likely to separate, and the need to refinish isn’t much of a concern.
Fiberglass adds a couple ounces of weight to the paddle. So if light weight is your highest priority, you’ll want to choose one of our paddles with the 2-ounce fiberglass wrap. If durability is your highest priority, choose one with the 4-ounce wrap.
Bending Branches Canoe Paddles with 4-ounce Glass
The canoe paddles with the 4-ounce fiberglass wrap are the most durable wood paddles we make. They include:
- Explorer Plus (MSRP $129.95) straight 18-laminate shaft paddle with freestyle palm grip
- Cruiser Plus 11 (MSRP $139.95) bent 18-laminate shaft paddle with classic palm grip
- Catalyst ST (MSRP $139.95) straight solid basswood shaft paddle with freestyle palm grip
- Catalyst 11 (MSRP $149.95) bent solid basswood shaft paddle with classic palm grip
- Expedition Plus (MSRP $159.95) straight 18-laminate shaft paddle with power T-grip
- Viper (MSRP $159.95) double bent 18-laminate shaft paddle with curved palm grip (our most ergonomic canoe paddle)
Bending Branches Canoe Paddles with 2-ounce Glass
Our canoe paddles with the 2-ounce fiberglass wrap are our lightest wood paddles. (They still give you plenty of toughness!) They include:
- Java ST (MSRP $149.95) straight solid basswood shaft paddle with freestyle palm grip
- Java 11 (MSRP $159.95) bent solid basswood shaft paddle with classic palm grip
- Sunburst ST (MSRP $214.95) straight T-700 carbon shaft with symmetric palm/T-grip blend
- Sunburst 11 (MSRP $224.95) bent T-700 carbon shaft with asymmetric palm/T-grip blend
Whether you choose the 2 or 4-ounce fiberglass wrapped paddle, you know you’ll have a paddle you can trust on all your canoeing excursions for years to come.
What paddle questions can we help you with? Contact our friendly Customer Service team today: 715-755-3405 • [email protected]
More for you...