Bending Branches' Versa-Lok™ ferrule system offers variable length and feathering options for your kayak fishing paddle. This can truly enhance your paddle's performance, and therefore your paddling experience.
Why do you paddle? To get to the tough-to-reach fishing hole? To cover miles on an adventure?
Whether your passion is kayak fishing or kayak touring, a versatile paddle is your best friend. Bending Branches’ Versa-Lok™ ferrule system gives you that versatility.
Let’s take a closer look at just two of its advantages:
Length Extension up to 15 cm
With the Versa-Lok™ ferrule, you can add or subtract length to your paddle with up to a 15 cm range. This is ideal if you’re in any of these situations:
- You have two or more boats with different widths.
- You share your paddle with others.
- Your fishing kayak has a seat that can be raised or lowered, so you sit at varying distances from the water.
Rather than adapting to your paddle’s length, your paddle can adapt to each of these situations.
Infinite Feathering Angles
Feathering comes into play when you’re in windy conditions, and when you want more efficiency and control.
The typical snap-button ferrule offers two angles: 0º and 60º. The Versa-Lok™ ferrule, on the other hand, gives you unlimited feathering angles. You have 360º of angles to experiment with. Whatever angle works best for you is what you get.
Why is Versa-Lok™ the New Standard in Adjustable Ferrule Systems?
Replacing our former Plus Ferrule System, Versa-Lok™ is a truly revolutionary system. It’s remarkably easy to use, is secure, robust and corrosion-resistant. Once this ferrule is clamped into position, it isn’t going anywhere.
Versa-Lok™ is constructed of nylon, plastic and stainless steel with as few parts as we could manage in a ferrule this tough. Because we blend the plastic with nylon, we’re confident in its longevity without cracking or losing its clamp-ability. It’s virtually maintenance-free, other than rinsing it free of debris after use.
Bending Branches’ Paddles with Versa-Lok™
We offer six kayak paddles with the Versa-Lok™ ferrule system. That means you have several options, whether for fishing or touring.
Kayak Fishing Paddles:
- Angler Classic Versa-Lok™: The best-selling kayak fishing paddle on the market, now with our new Versa-Lok™ ferrule system. The blades are constructed of a nylon and fiberglass blend, with a fiberglass shaft.
- Angler Ace Versa-Lok™: This paddle offers a terrific value with carbon-reinforced nylon blades and a lightweight carbon shaft.
- Angler Navigator Versa-Lok™: Old-school wood beauty in a beefed-up paddle partnered with a 100% carbon shaft for the modern angler.
- Angler Pro Versa-Lok™: Our award-winning Angler Pro Fiberglass paddle just got even better with the Versa-Lok™ ferrule system. Gorgeous fiberglass blades with its super-light 100% carbon shaft, available in three distinct color options.
- Angler Pro Carbon Versa-Lok™: Our lightest kayak fishing paddle, the gold standard for serious anglers.
Kayak Touring Paddle:
- Navigator Versa-Lok™: Our best, most beautiful kayak touring paddle, a combination of the newest technology and handcrafted loveliness. Basswood and red alder blades are combined with a T-700 carbon shaft.