“Stream Map USA” App for Anglers, Canoeists and Kayakers
Stream Map USA is a powerful app from Gogal Publishing Company that guides you to and around every stream, river, pond and lake in the continental US.
There are versions for iPhone, iPad and Android. Each is easy to download and install, and comes with a detailed user manual. There are eight versions available ($9.99 each), divided by regions in the US:
The app is highly customizable and includes options for offline use when you’re in backcountry areas without a cell signal.
Let’s look closer at some of its many features:
Color-Coded Streams and Rivers
- Streams and rivers are color coded and searchable. Why is this helpful? You can distinguish tributaries from the main body of water, and follow a stream or river from its source to its mouth.
- Real-time water height and flow data are available.
- Tools to easily find launch points, then manually save them
- Lakes and ponds are included.
- The maps can be viewed in several different forms. All include color-coded overlays of the streams and rivers:
- Road map—with bodies of water, street names, city names, etc.
- White map—bodies of water and county/state lines only.
- Terrain map—with the same information as the road map, plus terrain.
- Satellite map.
- USGS (US Geological Survey) map—can save for use offline.
- OpenStreetMap—can save for use offline.
Powerful Search Function
- Search by region, state or county—Want to find a likely fishing spot in your county?
- Search by body of water—Already know which river you want, but want to find the best access?
- Each search pin—also color coded—includes an information box.
Turn-by-turn driving directions
Stream Map USA works with your Google Maps app (Android) or Apple Maps (Apple products) to bring up detailed driving directions.
- You can add, edit and delete custom “waypoints” to mark various spots you don’t want to forget.
- Save your home location to mark mileage.
- Save your car’s location so you know where you parked when you’re out.
- Highlight public launches, campsites, great fishing spots, that beautiful overlook where you ate lunch…and anything else you want to remember.
Out in the wilderness with no cell service? No problem! USGS topographic maps and OpenStreetMaps can be stored for use offline. Your personalized waypoints and the included compass don’t require cell service.
Stream Map USA is a powerful, adaptable tool to help you navigate the many streams, rivers and lakes in whatever region of the US you’re interested in—where you live…where you vacation…to scope out kayak fishing tournament possibilities…
“Your app ranks as one of the greatest buys of my life! Having the stream flow gauges was of great use and a super bonus.” - Layne H., angler and happy Stream Map USA user
To learn more and to purchase visit the Stream Map USA website.
More posts for you: